Science put into practice
Be-Pics aims to offer educational support to it’s members by disseminating Be-Pics endorsed guidelines, professional support and training opportunities. If you would like Be-Pics to endorse and share a guideline, if you would like to disperse a training or other educational activity, or if you would like to discuss how to improve the educational trajectory to become a pediatric intensive care physician or nurse, please join the educational working group via
Following guideline, written and approved by the Belgian Pediatric Covid-19 Task Force, addresses the management of acute Covid-19 infections and of MIS-C in children.
- RESOURCES AND NETWORK
- European Soceity of Paediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care https://espnic-online.org
- European Resuscitation Council www.erc.edu
- Palisi Network www.palisi.org
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine www.pedsccm.org
- World Federation of Pediatric Intensive & Critical Care Societies www.wfpiccs.org
- The Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Society www.pcics.org
- Cochrane library www.cochrane.org
- Groupe Francophone de Réanimation et d’Urgences Pédiatriques www.gfrup.sfpediatrie.com
- Paediatric Critical Care Society www.pccsociety.uk
- Belgian Society of Intensive Care Medicine www.siz.be
- Belgische Vereniging voor Kindergeneeskunde/Société Belge de Pédiatrie https://bvk-sbp/be
- Vlaamse Vereniging voor Kindergeneeskunde https://vvkindergeneeskunde.be
- Groupement Belge des Pédiatres de Langue Française https://www.gbpf.be
- Belgian Resuscitation Council www.brc-rea.be
- Vlaamse Vereniging Intensieve Zorgen Verpleegkundigen www.vvizv.be
- Vlaamse Vereniging KinderVerpleegkundigen www.vvkv.be
- Belgian Society of Emergency and Disaster Medicine https://www.besedim.
- Belgian Association for Paediatric Anaesthesiology https://www.
- The Belgian Academy of Paediatrics BAOP https://baop.be/
European Pediatric Advanced Life Support (EPALS) – European Resucitation Council (ERC) or Advanced Paediatric Life Support Course (ALSG) are courses that provide the knowledge and skills necessary for the recognition and effective treatment and stabilization of children with life threatening emergencies, using a structured, sequential approach. Many centers offering dedicated Pediatric Intensive Care facilities also function as Course Organizer for the ERC or ALSG and organize EPALS/APLS courses, in which many PICU-nurses and PICU- physicians have an Instructor, Course Director or organizing committee role.
For more information regarding EPALS please visit https://www.erc.edu/courses/european-peadiatric-advanced-life-support . If you would like to subscribe for an EPALS-course please check availability on https://cosy.erc.edu/en/sessions/calendar . For more information on APLS, please check www.alsg.org. If you would like to subscribe for an APLS-course please check www.gokin.be .