The Belgian Pediatric Intensive Care Society was founded in 2020 as a multidisciplinary non-profit organization for those involved and interested in Pediatric Intensive Care and represents the Belgian Pediatric Intensive Care community at a national and international level.
Please already mark September 14th in your agendas for our next Be-Pics symposium!
With a Centrally located venue - the Royal library in Brussels - and with a very relevant topic – high flow oxygen therapy - we hope to convince all of you to join us!
Please register using our external event provider, EventGoose: https://bepics.eventgoose.com/
Organization of Paediatric Intensive Care and Formation in Paediatric Intensive Care Medicine : Open letter and viewpoint Be-Pics
One of the aims of Be-Pics is to promote the recognition of PICU’s and to promote the education in paediatric intensive care medicine for medical and non-medical health professionals. In view of this, we addressed various stakeholders in the organization of healthcare and education with an open letter. We hope for a positive response and a fruitful discussion on these important matters.
Every healthcare professional, albeit medical, nursing or paramedical, actively involved on a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, or who supports the aims of our society, can become a member of Be-Pics.
Benefits of membership include :
- Participation in educational and scientific activities hosted by Be-Pics, and a discount on the registration fees.
- Regular newsletters with relevant information on Pediatric Intensive Care
- The opportunity to shape our professional future by joining the working groupseducation and science.
- Representation of your professional group on a national and international level.
- Network opportunities within the Belgian PICU-community.
- Dual membership with ESPNIC (European Society of Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care) : Be-Pics members will be granted a substantial discount for the ESPNIC membership fee using the promotion code BE-PICS23E Visit https://espnic-online.org/ to discover all the benefits involved !
Are you already a Be-Pics member ? Membership extension only requires payment of the annual membership fee, which is 100€ for effective medical members and 20€ for all effective non-medical members (nurses, psychologists, physiotherapists) and for all joined members.
All payments can be made on the ING account BE 08 3632 1054 5513 of Be-Pics VZW, with mentioning of “name – membership Be-Pics 2023”.
Are you interested in becoming a new Be-pics member? Please apply via https://www.be-pics.be/en/membership
study proposal : “Prospective, multicentric randomized, controlled trial comparing midazolam and dexmedetomidine as primary sedative agent in critically ill children”.
If interested, please contact Pieter De Cock via e-mail Pieter.Decock@uzgent.be.
study proposal : “Perception of healthcare providers regarding Advanced Nurse Practitioners on Belgian PICUs : an explorative study”.
Participants will engage in an interview on this relevant topic, conducted by the main investigator. If interested, please contact Annemie Moors via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Industrial partners who are interested in becoming a Be-Pics sponsor can contact
Latest news articles
- Be-Pics 5th Symposium September 14th
- Organization of Paediatric Intensive Care and Formation in Paediatric Intensive Care Medicine : Open letter and viewpoint Be-Pics
- The membership registration for 2023 is now open!
- study proposal : “Prospective, multicentric randomized, controlled trial comparing midazolam and dexmedetomidine as primary sedative agent in critically ill children”.
- study proposal : “Perception of healthcare providers regarding Advanced Nurse Practitioners on Belgian PICUs : an explorative study”.